Splunk IT Service Intelligence

KPI Shows 0 Entities but generated search from same kpi shows results

david_rose
Communicator

We have defined a service with an adhoc base search.

When i run the generated search from the kpi, i get results:
alt text

If I go to threshold settings, I see data in the trending (chose a random time, all time shows data)
alt text

But if I go to service analyzer, and click on the service, the KPI shows N/A and it shows 0 Entities. Am i missing something?

0 Karma

esnyder_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This might be related to the number of services/KPIs/saved searches you have. See best practice #3 here: https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog/it/top-3-best-practices-for-configuring-splunk-itsi-in-a-large-sca...

But it depends on a lot of environmental factors. When did you run the two searches? The assumption is back-to-back. But if they're separated by, say, an hour and your service analyzer only looks at the past hour, then maybe you should be getting different results.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...