Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Is it possible to take a partial backup of multiple services in ITSI?

mallempatisreed
Explorer

hi All,

I have 15 services with multiple KPI's in test environment which I need to move to another environment. using partial backup can I move all of these 15 services to the desired environment. in the documentation it has been given for one service, will it work for multiple services as well?

If so can someone help me how to do that

Example of my Services:

1. ABCD Hybris shgjh
  2. ABCD Hybris hsjlkk
  3. ABCD Hybris bjksjk
  4. XYZ Hybris yyriyi
  5. XYZ Hybris wterety
  6. XYZ Hybris poiopi

Hybris is the only common in the services, will it work if i use like below

[ 
 {
    "object_type": "service",
    "title_list": "^* Hybris *$"
  }
]
 OR

[ 
 {
    "object_type": "service",
    "title_list": "^ ABCD Hybris shgjh$" , "^ ABCD Hybris hsjlkk$", "^ ABCD Hybris yyriyi$"
  }
]

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ITSI/3.0.0/Configure/kvstore_to_json.pyoperations#Partial_backu...

Thanks,
Sree

0 Karma

esnyder_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can actually create a partial backup through the UI: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ITSI/latest/Configure/BackupandRestoreITSIconfig#Create_a_part...

When you select a service to back up, ITSI also backs up the following objects:

-KPI base searches
-Threshold templates
-Teams

When you select a service to back up, you can choose whether or not to back up the following objects:

-Dependent services
-Entities that match service entity rules
-Linked service template

The dependency between the service and these objects breaks if you do not choose to back up the associated object:

-If you back up a service that has dependent services without also backing up the dependent services, the service will no longer be dependent on the services after restoring.
-If you back up a service without backing up the entities that match the service entity rules, the entities will no longer be associated with the service if the entities do not exist in the restored environment.
-If you back up a service that is linked to a service template without also backing up the service template, the service will no longer be linked to the service template after restoring.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...