Splunk IT Service Intelligence

ITSI deleting dependent service leaves blank node on Service Analyser

ewan000
Path Finder

I created (via csv import) and then deleted (via Configure Services UI) a bunch of services which were dependent services of other services.

The expected behaviour for me was that this would remove the nodes from the Service Analyzer diagram.

However, I am left with a blank node to joining the services which depended on the deleted service.

Is this a bug? How can i get rid of the blank node?

alt text

we are on ITSI 4.1.1 Splunk Enterprise 7.1.3

got some erros in the log, not sure if they are related

[itsi.consumer] [init] [exception] [48538] Saved search "Indicator - ecd48ed9-7874-4650-a885-36ff77817683 - ITSI Search" was not found, ignoring delete

0 Karma

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This seems like a bug in your version. What version are you running? I just replicated your steps in my ITSI 4.0 environment and it didn't leave behind the unlabeled service.

0 Karma

ewan000
Path Finder
0 Karma

ewan000
Path Finder

we are on itsi 4.1.1 it seems to be related to mass deletes, im deleting 100's of services

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...