Splunk IT Service Intelligence

How to resolve ITSI : backup restore - ItoaAccessDeniedError?

sunilpandanab
Engager

I am trying to take a backup in itsi-stg and restore in team-stg.
The user has full admin rights including itoa_admin. And meta files has write privilege over collections/itsi_backup_restore_queue.
Still, I get below error when I do the restore :

2019-02-14 15:31:47,310 ERROR [itsi.controllers.itoa_rest_interface_provider] [__init__] [exception] [61544] Access denied. You do not have permission to create this object. Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/apps/splunk/etc/apps/SA-ITOA/lib/migration/migration.py", line 187, in migration_bulk_save_to_kvstore handler.migration_save_single_object_to_kvstore(object_type, validation, dupname_tag) File "/opt/apps/splunk/etc/apps/SA-ITOA/lib/migration/object_interface/itoa_migration_interface.py", line 120, in migration_save_single_object_to_kvstore dupname_tag=dupname_tag) File "/opt/apps/splunk/etc/apps/SA-ITOA/lib/ITOA/itoa_common.py", line 878, in save_batch dupname_tag) File "/opt/apps/splunk/etc/apps/SA-ITOA/lib/ITOA/itoa_object.py", line 385, in save_batch logger) ItoaAccessDeniedError: Access denied. You do not have permission to create this object.

Could you please provide any inputs or suggestions.

Situation of back up and restore in same env works but not back up in one and restore in another.

Labels (1)

bambarita
Observer

have you resolved this case?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...