Splunk IT Service Intelligence

ITSI and weekly/monthly KPI

jwillaime
Explorer

Hello,

I'm currently using ITSI to monitor some services from which the KPI are calculated over small time window (15 minutes by default). I see that the calculation window of the KPI base search creation tool do not have any option than 24 hours.

I would like to know if it is possible to have a KPI calculated over a bigger time window (eg, a week or a month). I have the feeling that that is not the purpose of ITSI, but I'm curious.

Thank you.

0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

As KPI are summary searches, there are no use cases for reporting on pooling of more than 24h.

if you want to report on data from a larger timerange, you could precalculate it using another scheduled search, and summarize the results (or use a lookup), then carve a custom KPI to retrieve it, and add fake _time fields.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...