Splunk IT Service Intelligence

ITSI: Why does service created show N/A in service analyzer?

nikita_p
Contributor

Using Splunk IT Service Intelligence (ITSI), I have developed a few services. But those services are showing their value as "N/A" whereas all underlined KPIs showing value.

For eg, If you search for index=os, it gives result with proper tags and eventtypes, but shows N/A after creating module for this KPI in service analyzer.

Thank you in advance!

0 Karma
1 Solution

nikita_p
Contributor

I found answer to my question, there is one app "SA-IndexCreation" provided by ITSI which was not enabled and was the reason of not populating data in services while creating Glass Tables.

Also answer provided in link below explains it very clearly.
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/514104/itsi-why-doesnt-kpi-show-up-in-service-analyzer.html?utm_s...

View solution in original post

0 Karma

nikita_p
Contributor

I found answer to my question, there is one app "SA-IndexCreation" provided by ITSI which was not enabled and was the reason of not populating data in services while creating Glass Tables.

Also answer provided in link below explains it very clearly.
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/514104/itsi-why-doesnt-kpi-show-up-in-service-analyzer.html?utm_s...

0 Karma

vishaltaneja070
Motivator

This my due to gap in the data like if KPI data is coming every 15 mins and configured for every 5 mins then this issue can come up in picture

0 Karma

nikita_p
Contributor

Hi @vishaltaneja07011993, No i don't think this is not due to gap, because we checked chnaging time period as well.

0 Karma

PowerPacked
Builder

Hi @nikita_p,

did you try deleting and recreating the service,

0 Karma

nikita_p
Contributor

yes, i tried deleting and recreating the service

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...