Splunk IT Service Intelligence

ITSI : Services are not DISPLAYED (- No results found) and Health score not CALCULATED

sunilpanda023
Path Finder

Hi,
I am having ITSI 4_1_1.
and have Configure multiple ITSI deployments to use the same indexing layer.
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ITSI/4.1.1/Configure/DeploymentPlanning

Initially, I had not enabled backfill on KPIs , the services row in the service analyzer was empty. After enabling backfill at service level the service started appearing. that meant enabling backfill populated kpiid=SHKPI-XXX and with attribute is_backfilled_event=1.
backfill at service level is newly introduced in 4_1_1
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ITSI/4.1.1/Configure/BackfillSHS

What I understand in general is that servicehealth scores should be computed, why its not computed in 4_1_1 which should be of attribute is_backfilled_event=0.

And the behavior of not displaying any services (- No results found) and Health scores ( kpiid=SHKPI-XXX) not computed to summary indexes even for one working before suddenly without any clues in internal logs is worrisome.

Thanks,
Sunil Panda

0 Karma
1 Solution

sunilpanda023
Path Finder

enable the service_health_monitor (report/savedsearch), service health scores should start getting calculate.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sunilpanda023
Path Finder

enable the service_health_monitor (report/savedsearch), service health scores should start getting calculate.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...