Splunk IT Service Intelligence

ITSI Modules Problem

stromy
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Dears

Im using ITSI version 4.0 , i followed the documentation for the installation but yet the default modules that comes with ITSI like OS, webserver etc .., is not working probably, when ever i want to do auto discovery for entities using module search like OS one, it give me an error savedsearch is not found tho it is enabled and i can search for it in the ITSI-search,

so i start copying conflagration from the Modules to the ITOA/local/ and it worked .. is this normal case or not??
can anyone advice me!

Thanks already

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @stromy,
I don't know whether you are on the right path or not, but I'm giving below steps that worked for me.

For automatic entity discovery:

• Go to Settings > Data Inputs > ITSI Entity CSV Imports > Enable the services for which you want to enable automatic entity discovery.

For manual entity import:

• ITSI App > Configure > Entity > Import > Import from Search > Select Module > Select Service Savedsearch > Run Search > Import.

If these steps are not working for you then I think you might have made some mistake in App installation. I'm guessing this because you are saying you are getting the error of savedsearch not found.

Hope this helps!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...