Splunk IT Service Intelligence

ITSI KPI : Can I create query using join from two idexes

Joycetran

I need to create a KPI in service. This KPI is the percent between error and session. Error is count from index a, session is from index b, I need to join an create field as percent;
index=a | eval time_hour = strftime(_time, "%D-%H")|stats count as error| join time_hour [search index=b eventType="use" | eval time_hour = strftime(_time, "%D-%H") | stats count AS sessions ]|eval percent=error/session *100

It does not show the data in ITSI service. What should I change

Labels (2)
0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Does it work when you run it manually?

ITSI runs the KPI search as the role "splunk-system-user", check if that role has the permission to search the indexes A and B.

0 Karma

Joycetran

I have the admin access. If I run manually in search head, It works. When i bring to service to create KPI, It doesn't data. I dont know whether there is any rules or comment that cannot use in service KPI

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...