Splunk IT Service Intelligence

ITSI Health Score Calculation - Can I stop Or skip a KPI Calculation Temporarily on demand ?.

satyab
Observer

@splunk Team,
In some cases I want to Skip a specific KPI calculation or Stop it from calculating its next value.

its more like Maintenance mode concept but limited to KPI not at service level?

Example- We had a issue with SPlunk and due to which few of Indexes were not populating due to forwarder issues or data injection . In that Case when we know that issue persist for a while rather than Reducing Importance of KPI that is change to the model , I was wondering if there is any means to stop that?

I dont like the idea to touch my PROD model config( importance for these issues I need way to suppress the alert, I need if we have any other config level thing for this?

Curious to know.

Other EXAMPLE - Any Splunk Injection level failure will impact model calculation , how to handle these?

Thanks
satya

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Karma

dlm

I know this is an old post. You probably already figured this out. Since there are new people who look at these feeds, I figured I would answer. At this point there is no way to disable a single KPI. You can put the whole service in maintenance to stop the KPI's however, it will stop all of them on that service. Any other changes you would do to stop it would mess with the configuration.

My suggestion is that if you feel like there should be an enhancement to the maintenance area that allows individual KPI's to be disabled, then submit the enhancement for a vote. Have all your friends and coworkers vote on it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...