Splunk IT Service Intelligence

ITSI Glass Table Custom URL Drilldown

rijutha
Explorer

I have a glass table that drillsdown to a custom URL which is a dashboard in another splunk app.

I am trying to get the time range - earliest and latest passed to the drilldown URL so when then user drillsdown from the glass table to the custom dashboard the results are for the same time range as the glass table.

I have tried adding the below in my drilldown url:

form.time.earliest=$earliest$&form.time.latest=$latest$
form.time.earliest=$form.earliest$&form.time.latest=$form.latest$
form.time.earliest=$time.earliest$&form.time.latest=$time.latest$
form.time.earliest=$_time.earliest$&form.time.latest=$_time.latest$

time is the token used for the timepicker in the custom dashboard.

None of the above pass the time range values to the drilldown dashboard.

As none of these tokens refer the actual time range selected in the glass table.

Could anyone please help me understand how I can do this?

krunoslav
Engager

Is it possible to get other values in the URL? I have a table displaying some search results and I want to have a drilldown to search further based on a cell value. I tried stuff like $click.value$, but it doesn't work

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@krunoslav To ask a new question, please post a new question rather than add on to an existing question.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

esnyder_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Looks like the classic glass tables don't support passing parameters along with drilldown URL. Although I can see how we try to hardcode earliest and latest args in dashboard drilldown URL. Latest would take whatever was selected in the global time picker. Earliest is the value selected for the widget. So in theory it would just pass the right time range without having to specify anything.

We do support parameters for beta glass tables. it looks like 'http://splunk.com?$TimeRange.earliest$'. I would suggest checking out the beta glass table editor: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ITSI/latest/User/BuildbetaGT

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...