Splunk IT Service Intelligence

ITSI - Exchange - Dashboard - Inbound Messages - Microsoft Exchange - Inbound Message Volume - Built-in macro bug?

corti77
Communicator

Hi,

after the installation of ITE Works 4.9.2 and the exchange content pack. I checked all the dashboards to be sure the data was correctly processed and I realized that some panels were blank.

One of them, Inbound Messages - Microsoft Exchange, the panel related to the inbound message volume is empty. looking into the search, 

`msgtrack-inbound-messages`|eval total_kb=total_bytes/1024|timechart fixedrange=t bins=120 per_second(total_kb) as "Bandwidth"

I realized that the first macro does not return a column total_bytes so the eval cannot create the new field total_kb so the timechart can not visualize anything.

is there some configuration missing on my side or is it a known bug of the content pack?

corti77_0-1629108703022.png

Cheers

Labels (2)
0 Karma

eduncan
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey I will load this on my env and take a look and if it is a bug I will let the developer know.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...