Splunk IT Service Intelligence

ITSI - An unknown view name "search" is referenced in the navigation definition for "itsi" - View customization

edoardo_vicendo
Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to remove some views from the app, so that the simple users can only see dashboards. To do that I have created a new user with Role = "user_read_only" (created by me with capabilities inherit by Role = "user"), then from Settings >> User Interface >> Views I have removed the read permission to the following views for "user_read_only" and "user":

• Search
  • Datasets
  • Reports
  • Alerts

And then in Settings >> User Interface >> Navigation Menu, modified the xml to have the Dashboards view as default.
So that the result is the following (only Dashboards menu is showed):

alt text

Until now everthing was working as per the expectation, but this simple user should also access to ITSI application.
For this reason I added "itoa_user" and "user_ad_user" to the "user_read_only" Role.
When Clicking in the ITSI link from App menu the page crash:

alt text

So doing a search in the index="_internal" with the given request ID, it shows several errors like:

An unknown view name "search" is referenced in the navigation definition for "itsi"
source =    /opt/splunk/var/log/splunk/web_service.log
sourcetype =    splunk_web_service

Do you know if there is a way to remove the Search view from my app and do not let ITSI crash with the above error message?

Thanks a lot,
Edoardo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...