Splunk IT Service Intelligence

ITSI 4.4.1 recommended java version

pedro_77

Hello

I have some strange problems with ITSI and first i would like confirm that java version which i'm using is recommended one.
My setup is Windows 2016, SPlunk 8.0 and ITSI 4.4.1 and current java is:
OpenJDK8U-jdk_x64_windows_hotspot_8u232b09

I have warnings like this:
Unable initialize modular input itsi_license_checker defined in the app "SA-ITSI-Linceschecker":
Also we cannot create any episode via aggregation policy. Smart mode analyze cannot find any results/fields.
Could you share with me which version of ITSI and which version of java is working for sure?

Thank You
Br
Piotr

Labels (2)
0 Karma

waechtler_amaso
Explorer

Hi,

I tested with another java Version, i.e. the Oracle java 8

java version "1.8.0_241"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_241-b07)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.241-b07, mixed mode)

This now works, no more error messages, and Episodes are now grouped

I guess it a problem of splunk parsing the java version string correctly

hth
Jan

0 Karma

waechtler_amaso
Explorer

I see similar problems:
When opening an existing or adding a new Aggregation Policy, I get:

Java version installed on this search head does not support Aggregation Policies, Java version 1.8 or greater is required.

I can still define Aggregation policies, but notable events are not beeing grouped into episodes

This is on splunk 8.0.1, ITSI 4.4.1 on a linux machine running this java version:
openjdk version "11.0.6" 2020-01-14
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.6+10-post-Debian-1deb10u1)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.6+10-post-Debian-1deb10u1, mixed mode, sharing)

MLTK 5.0.0 is installed and python.version=python3

According to the ITSI 4.4.1docs, this should all be fine

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...