Splunk IT Service Intelligence

How to set up a maintenance window in Splunk IT Service Intelligence?

nravichandran
Communicator

I am configuring Splunk IT Service Intelligence. I have defined Services, Entities, and KPIs.
I find that during a certain time, some KPIs are breaching the thresholds for valid reasons - because of maintenance.
How can I configure a maintenance window for a service? I know it is present for Cloud, but missing in on premise ITSI installation.
Is there any workaround? I want to avoid false alarms during maintenance window.

0 Karma
1 Solution

Jarohnimo
Builder

I'm unsure if there's a maintenance mode but you should apply time policies to your thresholds (develop a template that matches your work hours or whatever fits) that way it won't bleed red in your deep dive.

ITSI is very tedious in setting up correctly.. the small details make a big difference

View solution in original post

Jarohnimo
Builder

I'm unsure if there's a maintenance mode but you should apply time policies to your thresholds (develop a template that matches your work hours or whatever fits) that way it won't bleed red in your deep dive.

ITSI is very tedious in setting up correctly.. the small details make a big difference

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...