Splunk IT Service Intelligence

How to generate data for ITSI Content Pack ?

rendi7936

Hello,

I want to use ITSI Content Pack as a base for implementing ITSI. I also see a documentation about it in https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ITSICP/current/Config/About

But, it does not tell about how to generate data for ITSI Content Pack. As we know, ITSI need a data to make it run and show service analyzer, Glass Tables, etc.

Is it has a way to generate data for ITSI Content Pack ?
Or Is it just a template for ITSI so we can use and tune it depending Entities and Service that we want ? So we dont need to start ITSI Implementation from zero.

Thank you

Labels (2)
0 Karma

esnyder_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Rendi, please see the "Data requirements for the content pack for..." pages for each content pack. For example: 

Others without complex data requirements have prerequisites such as:

"Before installing this content pack, you must first install and configure the Splunk Firehose Nozzle for PCF to get your Pivotal Cloud Foundry data into Splunk."

OR

"To bring the metrics data for these data sources into ITSI, you must download the Splunk Add-on for VMware from Splunkbase and install it prior to installing the content pack."

If any of the content pack docs are lacking the required prerequisite/data requirement information, please point them out and I can work on improving the docs.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...