Splunk IT Service Intelligence

How to enable Splunk IT Service Intelligence to use earliest=@d modifier to execute search at midnight?

anveshdodda

When you write earliest=@d, it executes search from midnight in Splunk Cloud. But in Splunk IT Service Intelligence (ITSI), it executes from the last 24 hours. My preference is for ITSI to perform as it does in Splunk Cloud. So is this an issue in Splunk?

0 Karma

rossl_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Where are you defining that search? Is that in a KPI search? Also are you using a different version of ITSI than is installed on the cloud instance?

0 Karma

anveshdodda

Hi ..
Thanks for your reply

Yes it's in the kpi base search ...
I use the same one that is installed on the cloud instance ....
Also when i put kpi summary as off then I get the same count as I get in base core splunk but when I change the kpi summary to on that's where I get the kpi count different ...

0 Karma

rossl_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Are you sure the data is the same? Also, "earliest" and "latest" in a KPI Base Search is not recommended. We recommend that you use the KPI Interval option in the UI if you can.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...