Splunk IT Service Intelligence

How do you monitor availability in Splunk ITSI?

RomeSplunk123
Explorer

Hi we are using different types of tools to monitor our infrastructure and i am trying to get the data from multiple tools and feed into Splunk ITSI.  I am using Zenoss and AppDynamics to send logs and metrics to Splunk.

Unfortunately there are some challenges I am running into.

It's very difficult to prep the Zenoss and AppD logs/metrics to be consumed by Splunk in ITSI.

We have yet not been able to define KPI for server availability (Device PING up/down) and Service/Process down, Port down, individual utilization etc….as without getting and normalizing all Zenoss and AppD data into Splunk, ITSI cannot be successful.

In Splunk, we are missing KPI’s for PING/Availability, Processes, Port, Interface utilization, SWAP utilization in %
Only meaningful KPI we are getting in Splunk is LoadAvg, CPU utilization in % and Memory utilization in%.

Is there anyway to monitor this other data in Splunk ITSI?

Note I know for example in Solar Winds and in New Relic there is a way to monitor availability..  Has anyone ran into this similar issues?  Or should I be using different tools for ping/availability, interface utilization, etc... 

If that's the case is anyone using ITSI to link back to other tools?   

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...