Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Host Name in the Monitoring Console Under Remote Instance , showing the master node host name (duplicate instance name)

kranitha
Explorer

Hi,

I have 8 server...in which 4 indexers, 3 search heads - in which one server is acting as a DS and last server is acting as Master node/LM/Deployer. Now i'm enabling the monitoring console on the Master Node in the distributed mode. There are two section showns:
1. This instance :
* Here the masternode host name and server name is shown, which are same, say hostname is abc.com and servername is also abc.com
2. Remote Instance
* Here all the indexers peers and search head members will be shown (added through distributed search >> search peers)
* The search head members also have the same hostname and servername, say hostname is search1.com and severname is search1.com, similarly for the other members as search2.com, search3.com
* The indexer peers hostname and server name are different(masternode hostname is shown, instead of indexer1 hostname), say hostname is abc.com and servername is indexer1.com, similary for the other peers as hostname is abc.com and server name is indexer2.com
Due to which will apply the chnages, it throws a error message as "Duplicate Instance - hostname should be unique"

In the Indexer Peers - under the system/local/server.conf and inputs.conf - the hostname and servername same , say "indexer1.com"

1. Can you please tell how to resolve the same, so that indexer peers hostname is same as the servername of the indexer peers.

2. Also for all the instance under the "Remote Insatnce" the status is New, how to enable as configured?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

Harpal

I am facing the same under Monitoring console same host name of all the indexers and hence can't apply distributed setup due to above error.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...