Splunk IT Service Intelligence

From where I can find Content Pack for Monitoring Unix and Linux?

phil_wong
Explorer

It's always mentioned from doc but I couldn't find anywhere to download it including splunk base.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

tshah-splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @phil_wong,

It seems that previously there was a method to create a backup from the ITSI app itself to include the Unix content packs which I believe is outdated now. Also, ITSI v4.8.x is a quite outdated version. Please have the app upgraded to the latest version and it will also bring new features and installation/configuration of content packs will be easier. 

---
If you find the answer helpful, an upvote/karma is appreciated

tshah-splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@phil_wong Can you please provide the link to the doc you are referring to? Might help understand the use case better

---
If you find the answer helpful, an upvote/karma is appreciated
0 Karma

phil_wong
Explorer
0 Karma

SinghK
Builder

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/5391/ 

you need to get that app then follow instructions on the page 

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/CPNixMon/2.0.1/CP/Install 

from heading "install the content pack"

phil_wong
Explorer

Sorry, I should be more precise. 
What I'm looking for is the backup package for ITSI 4.8 or earlier.

If you're using ITSI version 4.8 or earlier, you need to install the content pack using the backup ZIP file. For installation instructions, see Install and configure the Content Pack for Monitoring Unix and Linux.

Use the following table to determine ITSI version compatibility with various versions of the Content Pack for Monitoring Unix and Linux:

Content pack version ITSI version Splunk App for Content Packs version

1.1.04.9.4 or 4.11.0 and higher1.4.0
1.0.24.9.0 and higher1.0.0
1.0.14.6.0 and higherN/A
1.0.04.2.1 - 4.5.xN/A
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...