Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Export episodes from ITSI to CSV

mathtronix

Hello SPLUNK Community!

I need to do some Excel analysis on the Episodes in ITSI, breaking them up by various parameters. I might be able to create a SPLUNK dashboard to do this sort of thing, but I think management is going to want it in Excel ultimately.

Making a report off of raw searches is a cake walk, but is there any way to make a report of the EPISODES in ITSI? Basically what I am doing now is literally highlighting and copying the episodes off our ITSI Episode Review and pasting them into excel, getting me all the data from the columns like assignee, time/date, etc. I know there is a way to do this more programmatically

Or am I barking up the wrong tree here? Do I need to generate reports for each correlation search instead?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

lperini_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

you can start by checking out the itsi_grouped_alerts. This is the index for episodes. 
If you want to check the notables, go to itsi_tracked_alerts.

If you want to get the information that you see in the Episode Review, you might want to use the itsi_grouped_alerts

index=itsi_grouped_alerts sourcetype="itsi_notable:group"
| table itsi_group_id itsi_group_title itsi_group_description owner itsi_group_count

This is a starting point, you can go further and adding more fields as you like. 

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...