Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Export episodes from ITSI to CSV

mathtronix

Hello SPLUNK Community!

I need to do some Excel analysis on the Episodes in ITSI, breaking them up by various parameters. I might be able to create a SPLUNK dashboard to do this sort of thing, but I think management is going to want it in Excel ultimately.

Making a report off of raw searches is a cake walk, but is there any way to make a report of the EPISODES in ITSI? Basically what I am doing now is literally highlighting and copying the episodes off our ITSI Episode Review and pasting them into excel, getting me all the data from the columns like assignee, time/date, etc. I know there is a way to do this more programmatically

Or am I barking up the wrong tree here? Do I need to generate reports for each correlation search instead?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

lperini_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

you can start by checking out the itsi_grouped_alerts. This is the index for episodes. 
If you want to check the notables, go to itsi_tracked_alerts.

If you want to get the information that you see in the Episode Review, you might want to use the itsi_grouped_alerts

index=itsi_grouped_alerts sourcetype="itsi_notable:group"
| table itsi_group_id itsi_group_title itsi_group_description owner itsi_group_count

This is a starting point, you can go further and adding more fields as you like. 

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...