Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Custom Alert Action in ITSI

bstimely

I created a custom alert action in Splunk Enterprise. When I try to use that action in ITSI for a correlated search, I don't see it as an option. How do I utilize my customer alert action inside ITSI?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

cdemir
Explorer

Using custom alert actions in ITSI is a little different than in ES. If you wish to use a custom alert action for an event generated by a correlation search, you have to set it up as an action rule on an aggregation policy. You also have to configure the custom alert action in a conf file to be selectable as an action against an event. Parameters to invoke the action are configured as part of the policy.

There’s not a whole lot of documentation on this, but there is some to help you get started on docs.

Edit*** I would also like to add that you could technically just use your custom alert action from ES on ITSI events and episodes. Episode information is indexed in itsi_grouped_alerts and notable events are indexed in itsi_tracked_alerts. If the SHC with itsi installed is running from the same indexer cluster as your deployment of ES, you can search the itsi internal indexes from ES as well.

0 Karma

bstimely

I used this as a reference. I have it running OK in Enterprise. I just want to reuse the action from ITSI.
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.2/AdvancedDev/ModAlertsIntro

0 Karma

bstimely

Yes, it is.

0 Karma

darrenfuller
Contributor

Is the new alert action a modular alert?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...