Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Custom Alert Action in ITSI

bstimely

I created a custom alert action in Splunk Enterprise. When I try to use that action in ITSI for a correlated search, I don't see it as an option. How do I utilize my customer alert action inside ITSI?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

cdemir
Explorer

Using custom alert actions in ITSI is a little different than in ES. If you wish to use a custom alert action for an event generated by a correlation search, you have to set it up as an action rule on an aggregation policy. You also have to configure the custom alert action in a conf file to be selectable as an action against an event. Parameters to invoke the action are configured as part of the policy.

There’s not a whole lot of documentation on this, but there is some to help you get started on docs.

Edit*** I would also like to add that you could technically just use your custom alert action from ES on ITSI events and episodes. Episode information is indexed in itsi_grouped_alerts and notable events are indexed in itsi_tracked_alerts. If the SHC with itsi installed is running from the same indexer cluster as your deployment of ES, you can search the itsi internal indexes from ES as well.

0 Karma

bstimely

I used this as a reference. I have it running OK in Enterprise. I just want to reuse the action from ITSI.
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.2/AdvancedDev/ModAlertsIntro

0 Karma

bstimely

Yes, it is.

0 Karma

darrenfuller
Contributor

Is the new alert action a modular alert?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...