Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Copying ITSI Service Template from one instance (TEST) to another Instance(PROD)

saravanaa83

Hi

I created ITSI service template in the TEST environment.
I am trying to copy the service template from TEST to PROD.

For that, I have checked in "itsi_service_template.conf", but it is not present in the file of all ITSI Modules(ITSI, SA-ITOA..etc).

Please guide me where I can get the details to copy service template from TEST to PROD

0 Karma

aromanauskas
Path Finder

The service templates are stored in 2 locations. There will be a .conf under the module that you created the service template of /opt/splunk/etc/apps/{DA-Module}/default/itsi_service_template.conf AND there will be configuration in the KVSTORE. This is NOT a simple task to extract from the kvstore and re-import to the prod kvstore. If this is not the template of all templates that took days / weeks to develop I really would suggest you just stare and compare a new one in prod. Otherwise DEV needs to be IDENTICAL to prod or you'll be editing JSON files by hand.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...