Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Chart Split in N days span

sandeepshah81
Explorer

Hi ,

I have a query where I am trying to use Chart funtion to show for a particular application which have multiple versions of the same application installed show number of PC's that particular application got installed with InstallDate field under X-Axis and Y Axis shows the numbers

I am able to acheive it .. But I do not want the field which is in my X-Axis to show fr all the dates, instead it should show in 3 days period like example: X-axis should say 1march, 4march, 7th march and y-axis should say overall sum of the installed count of pc's per application version

|chart count(host) as #Hosts over InstallDate by DisplayVersion

Here InstallDate is my x-axis fields..

0 Karma

vnravikumar
Champion

hi
try like

| eval _time= InstallDate | timechart count(host) as #Hosts span=3d by DisplayVersion
0 Karma

vnravikumar
Champion

if InstallDate is not in epoch convert it and give a try

0 Karma

sandeepshah81
Explorer

It worked to get me that difference like date shows in 3 days gap.. but data under each displayVersion is 0.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...