Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Can we have Insights for Infrastructure and Free side by side?

shocko
Contributor

Guys, I have a a couple of servers I'd like to monitor. Not a huge amount of data so I have Splunk Insights for Infrastructure monitoring them for perf (200GB rolling free data) but also need to make some dashboards from event log data so looking at splunk free. Is it possible to intall these on the same server on different receiver ports?

0 Karma
1 Solution

pwu_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, it's possible to have Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Insights for Infrastructure on the same machine. In case you're not aware already, there's an app version of Splunk Insights for Infrastructure (Splunk App for Infrastructure) for use with Splunk Enterprise.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

pwu_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, it's possible to have Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Insights for Infrastructure on the same machine. In case you're not aware already, there's an app version of Splunk Insights for Infrastructure (Splunk App for Infrastructure) for use with Splunk Enterprise.

0 Karma

shocko
Contributor

Thanks! The app though is subject to the enterprise license and its data limits. That's why I wish to use the Insights product as it gives 200 Gb rolling limit 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...