Splunk IT Service Intelligence

After ITSI migration to 3.0, the services are empty, ERROR: Parameter "name" must be 100 characters or less

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I did an upgrade of my ITSI to 3.0, and in the process I saw some errors in the itsi_migration.log

2017-10-23 09:53:36,941 INFO [itsi.migration] [base_migration_interface] [_get_object_file_list] [23596] obtain the local storage target file list: ['D:\\Splunk\\var\\itsi\\migration_helper\\kpi_base_search___0.json']
2017-10-23 09:53:41,783 ERROR [itsi.migration] [migration] [migration_bulk_save_to_kvstore] [23596] [HTTP 400] Bad Request; [{'type': 'ERROR', 'text': 'Parameter "name" must be 100 characters or less.', 'code': None}]

Now the service panel does not load, and I had to rollback to ITSI 2.6.*

0 Karma
1 Solution

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We found that the long object was a Service KPI search, relying on a base search from the module DA-ITSI-ITSI-Health-Check-Module

search :
[DA-ITSI-ITSI-Health-Check-Module-DA-ITSI-ITSI-Health-Check-Module_ITSI-Health_Splunk.Searches]

Saved Search Name that was too long : (128 chars > 100 char limit)
Indicator - Shared - DA-ITSI-ITSI-Health-Check-Module-DA-ITSI-ITSI-Health-Check-Module_ITSI-Health_Splunk.Searches - ITSI Search

The problem was that the objects in the kvstore was a combination of the service, indicator and base search name, and went over the limit.

Solution :
- once rolled back to 2.6.*
- go to configuration > services , and find the service calling that base search, and delete it
- stop splunk
- redo the upgrade to 3.0
- check the services after

PS : As the app/module DA-ITSI-ITSI-Health-Check-Module has been deprecated, it's better to remove the module anyway.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We found that the long object was a Service KPI search, relying on a base search from the module DA-ITSI-ITSI-Health-Check-Module

search :
[DA-ITSI-ITSI-Health-Check-Module-DA-ITSI-ITSI-Health-Check-Module_ITSI-Health_Splunk.Searches]

Saved Search Name that was too long : (128 chars > 100 char limit)
Indicator - Shared - DA-ITSI-ITSI-Health-Check-Module-DA-ITSI-ITSI-Health-Check-Module_ITSI-Health_Splunk.Searches - ITSI Search

The problem was that the objects in the kvstore was a combination of the service, indicator and base search name, and went over the limit.

Solution :
- once rolled back to 2.6.*
- go to configuration > services , and find the service calling that base search, and delete it
- stop splunk
- redo the upgrade to 3.0
- check the services after

PS : As the app/module DA-ITSI-ITSI-Health-Check-Module has been deprecated, it's better to remove the module anyway.

View solution in original post

0 Karma