Splunk IT Service Intelligence

2 KPI's doesn't show up in service analyzer of ITSI

luis290311
Explorer

We have splunk 6.5.2 and ITSI 3.0.0. We have created 9 KPI's, but 2 of them stays always in zero in the service analyzar window (we have monitored several days), even though the graph in the Aggregate Threshold values (Thresholding section) and the search test show activity and events constantly. This is an example of the search to define the KPI's

index=banamex host=* sourcetype=Log:* ID_COTIZACION=C* OR ID_COTIZACION=d* | eval COTIZ=if(ID_COTIZACION!=null, 1, 0)
index=banamex host=* sourcetype=Log:* ID_COTIZACION=88* | eval COTIZ=if(ID_COTIZACION!=0, 1, 0)

Any Idea? By the way, if I use a regular expression, the search works but ITSI doesn't seem to recognize it:

index=banamex host=* sourcetype=Log:Out | regex ID_COTIZACION=\d | stats count(ID_COTIZACION) as TX_NET

index=banamex host=* sourcetype=Log:Out | regex ID_COTIZACION=\D | stats count(ID_COTIZACION) as TX_NET

0 Karma
1 Solution

ansif
Motivator

Can you paste the Calculation done fo these KPI's as screenshot?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

luis290311
Explorer

For those who are following this topic, finally we could solve this issue. One of the fields we extracted in order to build the search, only had permission for ITSI, so we set that permission to global and now the KPI's show activity in the Service Analyzar window. Also, some searches included the count function, and apparently ITSI doesn't like that in some circumstances.

luis290311
Explorer

I'm trying to attach screenshots to this post, but the page says that I need more karma points.

0 Karma

ansif
Motivator

Can you paste the Calculation done fo these KPI's as screenshot?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...