Splunk Enterprise

upgrade to V8 - readiness app results

rrussellstscied
Explorer

Hi -

I am planning an upgrade from V7+ to V8.

I am running to issues with the results of the upgrade readiness app. Most are warnings but one blocker has me concerned.

The app , Splunk App for Unix (V6 - just downloaded and installed), has blockers and warnings

The blocker- Splunk Web on Enterprise 8.0 and above may not start if any app has a CherryPy endpoint/controller written in Python 2.7. I've not been able to find any path to investigate or resolve this error. Please keep in mind I am not a python dev, nor much above a linux sys admin1. Please keep that in mind when replying.

As for the warnings - Update these Python scripts to be dual-compatible with Python 2 and 3. Several scripts cause this error.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'd rather figure this out now then have to deal with Splunk support after.

Thanks

Ron

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...