Splunk Enterprise

restapi port 8089 certificate issue

martinnepolean
Explorer

Hi ,

We are trying to access SH through restapi but getting invalid certificate warning. How to get rid of this message and connect without any warning message. We are already using web and server certificate.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

martinnepolean
Explorer

Could someone help in my issue?

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk Management Port (8089) by default use splunk default certificate and when you try to access REST API on port 8089, you'll get certificate warning issue.

To get rid of warning you need to configure internal SSL certificate or 3rd party SSL certificate for port 8089 in server.conf

0 Karma

martinnepolean
Explorer

@harsmarvania57  Can you please give sample on how to "configure internal SSL certificate "

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

martinnepolean
Explorer

For the people looking for solution, follow above link and request certificate from CA and update server.conf as below

[sslConfig]
sslPassword = ********
sslRootCAPath = file path of the CA public certificate
enableSplunkdSSL = true
serverCert = /opt/splunk/etc/auth/New Pem certificate

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...