Splunk Enterprise

remove a field from the index

gitingua
Communicator

I have an event that comes to the index. 

| search index = indexname 

filed1 

field2

field3 

I need to write an exception that will discard the field before getting into the index

output:

| search index = indexname 

filed1 

field3 

0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you can identify the events you don't want, you can send them to a null queue.

0 Karma

gitingua
Communicator

@ITWhisperer or so that the field values are immediately empty as soon as they get into the index

0 Karma

gitingua
Communicator

@ITWhisperer It is important for me that they do not come to the index. so that he throws them back.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Configure a null queue and direct events that you don't want to it https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.3/Forwarding/Routeandfilterdatad 

gitingua
Communicator

@ITWhisperer 

1. In props.conf, set the TRANSFORMS-null attribute:
    [ActiveDirectory]
    TRANSFORMS-null= setnull
  2. Create a corresponding stanza in transforms.conf. Set DEST_KEY to "queue" and FORMAT to "nullQueue":
    [setnull]
    REGEX = \[ms-Mcs-AdmPwdExpirationTime\]
    DEST_KEY = queue
    FORMAT = nullQueue
  3. Restart Splunk Enterprise.

field - ms-Mcs-AdmPwdExpirationTime

Not working.  what did I indicate wrong?
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...