Splunk Enterprise

remove a field from the index

gitingua
Communicator

I have an event that comes to the index. 

| search index = indexname 

filed1 

field2

field3 

I need to write an exception that will discard the field before getting into the index

output:

| search index = indexname 

filed1 

field3 

0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you can identify the events you don't want, you can send them to a null queue.

0 Karma

gitingua
Communicator

@ITWhisperer or so that the field values are immediately empty as soon as they get into the index

0 Karma

gitingua
Communicator

@ITWhisperer It is important for me that they do not come to the index. so that he throws them back.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Configure a null queue and direct events that you don't want to it https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.3/Forwarding/Routeandfilterdatad 

gitingua
Communicator

@ITWhisperer 

1. In props.conf, set the TRANSFORMS-null attribute:
    [ActiveDirectory]
    TRANSFORMS-null= setnull
  2. Create a corresponding stanza in transforms.conf. Set DEST_KEY to "queue" and FORMAT to "nullQueue":
    [setnull]
    REGEX = \[ms-Mcs-AdmPwdExpirationTime\]
    DEST_KEY = queue
    FORMAT = nullQueue
  3. Restart Splunk Enterprise.

field - ms-Mcs-AdmPwdExpirationTime

Not working.  what did I indicate wrong?
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...