Splunk Enterprise

how can i timechart with a _time multivalue ?

amir_bnp
Explorer

Hi all,

I want to timechart the ouput of my stat command. I know that the _time field must be in the stats command when i add _time in the stats command, _time appears like a multivalue field so how can i timechart with this field ?

index="X" sourcetype="Y" | stats values(A) AS NOM  values(eval(round(B/60))) AS duration distinct_count(C) as cparticipant values(_time) as time by call_id | where duration >=2 and cparticipant>1 | join NOM [| inputlookup  D]

sample _time.png 

here the field _time

Thx

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

timechart expects the _time field to be single-valued.  Similarly, the stats functions timechart  supports all expect a single-value argument.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

timechart expects the _time field to be single-valued.  Similarly, the stats functions timechart  supports all expect a single-value argument.

---
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Rather than values(_time), try min(_time) or max(_time) to use the oldest or newest timestamp, respectively.

That may be only the first of your problems as I suspect timechart will have difficulty displaying multi-value fields.

---
0 Karma

amir_bnp
Explorer

I used the eventstats command and it works! But the command takes a long time to execute whereas with stats it is done almost immediately.

so its possible to timechart with mv field _time ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...