Splunk Enterprise

help on stats command for retrieving _time

jip31
Motivator

hello

In the stats command below, i try to retrieve the _time values (which is the Splunk timestamp) corresponding to the "Resolver group" column

I succeed to do this replacing the "by ticket_id" clause by an "assignment_group_name" clause but I need to keel my "by ticket_id" clause

| stats values(assignment_group_name) as "Resolver group", dc(assignment_group_name) as "Number of assignment group" by ticket_id 

I tried something like this, but I have just one timestamp

| stats latest(_time) as _time, values(assignment_group_name) as "Resolver group", dc(assignment_group_name) as "Number of assignment group" by ticket_id 

Could you help please?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I am not entirely sure what you are trying to achieve - perhaps some sample data and an example of what you are hoping to see would help. Having said that, have you tried having more than one dimension to the by clause e.g. 

| stats latest(_time) as _time by ticket_id assignment_group_name
0 Karma

jip31
Motivator

not good

a same ticket_id has many assinment group with many different times

that's the reason why we can use "by ticket_id" like explained

Tags (1)
0 Karma

jip31
Motivator

Actually, I have 3 columns

"Ticket Number"  "Resolver group"  "Count"

AAAAAAAAAAA     123                               3

As you can see, a ticket number can have different resolver group

In front of each Resolver group I would like to have the timestamp of the event because if there is for example 3 resolver group it means that 3 events exists

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can the same resolver group appear in your events for the same ticket number? If so, which time do you want to keep, or do you want all the events (with time and associated resolver group)?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

perhaps some sample data and an example of what you are hoping to see would help.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...