Splunk Enterprise

has anyone had success in installing UF Version 7.x or 8.x 32bit on a windows server 2008 OS some R2 some not

radam2000
Path Finder

has anyone had success in installing UF Version 7.x or 8.x 32bit on a windows server 2008 OS some R2 some not - we have a couple servers for an old legacy application company still needs in an isolated and protected environment (legacy application not supported by vendor anymore) but they are still running old UF 6.3.8 32 bits and we have had issues with the servers when trying to upgrade to newer UF 32 bit versions... currently forwarding data to an on-prem Heavy forwarder running splunk 7.3.7 and forwarding to splunkcloud.

Unfortunately the legacy application cannot be installed on server 2012 and we are stuck with 2008 32 bit
we tried several options to upgrade on test server OS to 2012 and app just won't run...

any known versions of 8.x running 32bit 2008 server (not supported by splunk 8.x)

thanks in advance for all replies...

Labels (1)
0 Karma

elicha983475

I am about to go through the same thing (version 6.3.13 on 2008 nonR2) and migrating to cloud. I am remembering all the fun with "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.2\Server". I found this https://community.splunk.com/t5/Installation/Any-concerns-when-upgrading-from-Splunk-version-6-5-to-...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...