Splunk Enterprise

extract a field and display results in a table

mrr6892
Loves-to-Learn

i am trying to extract specific words starts with gi. from all events and display in a table below is my string but it returned nothing please advise.

String:

mysearch | rex field=_raw "Start(?<"gi">.*)End"

Event:

/p.rabbitmq/rabbitmq/queues/81061abe-4007-46c4-b9f2-4855cda5ace2/gi.nam.quotesvc.submission.cleared.evt.flq/consumers

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I take it you're trying to match the bold text.  If so, the current rex command won't work and should be throwing an error because of the unescaped quotation marks in the expression.  Try this:

| rex "(?<gi>gi.*)"
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

mrr6892
Loves-to-Learn

i tried but still its not displaying the all value starts with gi. in table by the way below is the exact event i think what ever bold test i am looking is assigned to name: field like below

name/p.rabbitmq/rabbitmq/queues/fc99de5c-2a5f-41e2-ba86-2cb662b8e771/gi.nam.submission.intake.cmd.flq/depth

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...