Splunk Enterprise

disable splunk stream

iherb_0718
Path Finder

Anyone have the directions handy to disable splunk stream on a particular server? Is it done via the splunk stream app?

I want to disable it in a way that the service will not start up when the server reboots.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is default group that catches forwarders if no other group matches.

You should create a new group and move your stream setups to new one. Setup match forwarders regex to match only your server that you want. This will be your active configuration point.

Default group should not contain any stream. Your unwanted server will be seen under this default group and does not listen any stream.

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @iherb_0718,

You can remove that particular server from Forwarder groups on Splunk Stream App | Distributed Forwarder Management.

Streamfwd service will start but not start listening.

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
0 Karma

iherb_0718
Path Finder

Within the Stream app < configuration < distributed forwarder management < There is a default group and MATCHED FORWARDERS but that link is not editable. 

0 Karma

alonsocaio
Contributor

HI @iherb_0718,

How are you deploying the Splunk Stream app to your servers? Are you using a deployment server? If so, you could try removing your server from the server class that deploys this app. I guess this would uninstall the Splunk Stream app from the server.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...