Splunk Enterprise

app and limits.conf

human96
Communicator

I want to control the number of concurrent user searches on an app-by-app basis.

I think it is possible to control the number of concurrent executions on a role-by-role basis, but is it possible to control on an app-by-app basis?

If control is possible on an app-by-app basis, please tell me how to control it.

(I think it is feasible by distributing limits.conf (base_max_searches) under App.)

0 Karma

tshah-splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Concurrent searches can be controlled using base_max_searches and max_searches_per_cpu. But those are global settings only as mentioned by @isoutamo It would be better to restrict the users based on roles and apply the limits globally. Creating roles based on apps can become a complex job for managing roles, current and future users, current and future apps as well. 

---
If you find the answer helpful, an upvote/karma is appreciated
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

Quite many attribute on limits.conf are global not local for app. Also this is global. At least I don’t know any easy way to do it. Basically you could create app based roles which have this value, but if user has many roles then he/she will get the highest value for all apps.

r. Ismo 

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...