Splunk Enterprise

"Health of Splunk Deployment" display incorrect after 8.04 -> 8.2.6 update

oliverja
Path Finder

Good morning!

I updated my index cluster/shc to 8.2.6 yesterday, and everything went fairly well, except for the "Health of Splunk Deployment" screen (Top RIght of screen, the (!) next to my username. On different instances, it is either completely broken:

oliverja_1-1650000811660.png

Or working (ish)

oliverja_0-1650000750730.png

In either case, I cannot scroll down to see the rest of it. I have restarted the instances, changed browsers, etc. It was definitely working before.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have seen a similar issue on the 8.1.x version as well.

Basically, there are two things:

• splunkd - shows overall statuses
  • each items below

What was happening for me was there might have been an individual item having some issue temporarily, but by the time I went to open the health check box, that issue got resolved.

So ideally overall splunkd health check should be updated automatically, but it did not happen instantly, it usually takes a few seconds.

Your issue seems different though because you checked with a different browser as well and you are still seeing that problem.

0 Karma

oliverja
Path Finder

As I sit here trying to get an external monitor to work on this work issued laptop, I realized that my laptop's native resolution is 1366xsomething. So, awful and Dell should be ashamed. And the procurement team. 

I cannot get external monitors to work, but I am beginning to think half my problem is that Splunk may not support my low resolution. I will have to check from a work computer on Monday.

0 Karma

oliverja
Path Finder

On a 1080 monitor, its better. On a 4k I can see the whole thing.

The scrollbar functionality seems to be absent since the updrade.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...