Splunk Enterprise

With data not indexing, what are other steps to follow to get data in index XYZ?

Santosh2
Explorer

Index=XYZ  source= abc*.logs host=kfg 

So I when I checked in internal index data is coming from host, I checked forwarder server class mapping is fine, I could see the data is deploying. But still cannot see data.

What other steps i need to follow to get data in index XYZ

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Santosh2,

maybe the timestamp isn't correctly parsed, try to search something special of your logs in a very large time period.

Then, if you're searching logs in the first 11 days of the month, try to search the 1st of may (01/05/2022) at the 5th of january (05/01/2022).

Then, are you sure about index?

then, try to add an asterisk at the beginning of the source, maybe there's the full path and/ot an asterisk at the end of host, maybe there's the FQDN name instead of the hostname.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...