Splunk Enterprise

Windows 2003 UF

michaelmullan
Explorer

Hi, 

Can someone help me locate a Universal Forwarder install for Windows server 2003 ? 

The oldest on the site at present does not appear to support Windows Server 2003 . 

Many thanks 

M

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

michaelmullan
Explorer

Issue Resolved , 2003 has appeared on the site. 

8.0.5.1 appears to support 2003  - "Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10
Windows Server 2003, 2003 R2, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

CALEX
Explorer

If you don't mind.

Where did you find that? It does not show that when I look at that version and the installation fails for that version on my 2003 server.

0 Karma

michaelmullan
Explorer

Issue Resolved , 2003 has appeared on the site. 

8.0.5.1 appears to support 2003  - "Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10
Windows Server 2003, 2003 R2, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2"

0 Karma

michaelmullan
Explorer

Thanks @richgalloway . I am trying to find a version that runs on 2003 , i read that 6.2.8 UF supports 2003 so i was looking for the install files for this version. I understand that this is a old version and would not be supported but i still have a requirement to get logs off the servers regardless. 

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

All supported versions of the UF are at https://www.splunk.com/en_us/download/previous-releases/universalforwarder.html.  If you can find a version that runs on Windows Server 2003 it's likely to be incompatible with the rest of your Splunk infrastructure.

Not even Microsoft supports Windows Server 2003.  I recommend you upgrade that server to a supported OS.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...