Splunk Enterprise

Why some of my universal forwarders are not visible in add new server class window (Splunk 6.)?

mploszaj

Hi,
I cannot add some of the Universal Forwarders to NEW server class. I have a simple one server structure using Splunk 6 with multiple universal forwarders - they are visible in Forwarder Management (uf's call in regularly) I check they connect on 9997 and 8089 - connection established, they all have been deployed at the same time and by the same person(me) but when I try to create new server class some of the UF's don't show in window add with other UF's. Strange thing is that most of my 60 UF's are ok and forwarding data, it's only about 5 not behaving. Please help!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

meenal901
Communicator

I had this problem too. Check the IP address in the "connection established" on the UF's splunkd.log.
In my case, even though the outputs.conf had Deployment Server's IP, they were still not responding.
Remove the deploymentclient.conf and recreate using CLI. Restart splunk on UF
See if that helps - worked for me.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

meenal901
Communicator

I had this problem too. Check the IP address in the "connection established" on the UF's splunkd.log.
In my case, even though the outputs.conf had Deployment Server's IP, they were still not responding.
Remove the deploymentclient.conf and recreate using CLI. Restart splunk on UF
See if that helps - worked for me.

0 Karma

mploszaj

Restarting SPLUNK helped! Thanks meenal901 !

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...