Splunk Enterprise

Why is there an error while performing "Migrate KV store to the WiredTiger storage engine"?

fortes777
Engager

I am on Splunk 8.2.4

While performing "Migrate the KV store after an upgrade to Splunk Enterprise 8.1 or higher in a clustered deployment"  (see https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.4/Admin/MigrateKVstore )

splunk start-shcluster-migration kvstore -storageEngine wiredTiger -isDryRun true

I'm getting message "Admin handler 'shclustercaptainkvstoremigrate' not found."

Searh Head KV_Store is up and running. Splunk 8.2.4

I can't find any troubleshoot topic. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Search head cluster or standalone search head?

And did you setup the server.conf as per the docs pre-migration?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

joe_mcmahon
Engager

I had this error appear too, but only because I skipped a step.  The rolling restart of the clustered search heads was critical after making the following server.conf change:

[kvstore]
storageEngineMigration=true

Once the rolling restart of the search heads completes, then enter the command:

splunk start-shcluster-migration kvstore -storageEngine wiredTiger

The response should read "Starting KVStore Migration".  Check the migration status via:

splunk show shcluster-kvmigration-status
0 Karma

ammara
Explorer

I seem to be having the same problem. Looks like there is something wrong with the command

0 Karma

fortes777
Engager

Search Head cluster and i added the [kvstore] stanza in server.conf (as described) before executing the dry run.

0 Karma

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There might be a log relating to the migration in $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk

However this is potentially support case territory now, and you may wish to log a case

0 Karma

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Search head cluster or standalone search head?

And did you setup the server.conf as per the docs pre-migration?

0 Karma

TheBravoSierra
Path Finder

I'm having the same issue...please advise. I have made appropriate changes to server.conf on shc nodes. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...