Splunk Enterprise

Why is there an error "error in 'search' command" in my search?

cj04
Explorer
<title> Clam Scan Results </title> <event>
<search> ref="anti-virus scan results">
</search>
<option name="list.drilldown"
>none</option>

I have been trying to input this query into Splunk and I am getting the following error: error in 'search' command: unable to parse the search: Comparator '<' is missing a term on the left hand side.

I have removed the > before the ref, but I still get the same result. Can anyone help me solve this?
Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

SanjayReddy
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @cj04 

Hope you are using your code inside dashboard, 

please use following code inside dashboard 

<row>
<panel>
<event>
<title> Clam Scan Results </title>
<search ref="anti-virus scan results"> </search>
<option name="list.drilldown">none</option>
</event>
</panel>
</row> 

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Where exactly are you trying to put this text?

The quoted text is Simple XML from a dashboard, not SPL one can put into a search box.  It seems like this is being pasted into the Search & Reporting app and the SPL parser is  failing on the first '<'.

What problem are you trying to solve with this text?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

cj04
Explorer

What do I need to edit so I can post this into the Search & Reporting and get the desired outcome?

0 Karma

cj04
Explorer

What am I trying to solve is from my "Clam Scan Results" I am wanting Splunk to pick those up. I am using this text in the search portion of Splunk, but I am also new to Splunk. How can I properly get this setup where my results are posting in Splunk?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...