Splunk Enterprise

Why does Splunk Licensing Warnings pop up when adding sources after installing Splunk Enterprise on Ubuntu 20.04?

jonare
Engager

Hello

I have installed Splunk Enterprise on Ubuntu 20.04 two times now, but I get warnings from licensing when adding sources.

I installed a 5GB/days license and added a syslog udp/1514 and a new index. After this splunk starts complaining about:

This deployment is subject to license enforcement. Search is disabled after 45 warnings over a 60-day window Learn more

Licensing alerts notify you of excessive indexing warnings and licensing misconfigurations

1 cle_pool_over_quota message reported by 1 indexer	Correct by midnight to avoid warning

Can anyone help me in the right direction ? The total amout of data = 0MB, so this is clearly not correct.

Regards, Jon

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...