Splunk Enterprise

Why are splunk queues slightly filled after upgrade to version 9.0?

lukasmecir
Path Finder

Hi all,

I have one question:

I upgraded my Splunk deployment from 8.1.6 to 9.0.4. Deployment is: 3-nodes SH cluster, 3-nodes IDX cluster, 2 x HF, MC, SHC-D, CM, LM, DS. After upgrade I noticed one thing about queues on Monitoring Console.

Before upgrade, all queues on all IDXs have 0% fill:

queues_before_upgrade.png

But after upgrade, there is small fill (average about 5%, up to 10%) on Typing an Indexing queue:

queues_after_upgrade.png

From my point of view it is strange, because nothing changed during upgrade - HW is the same, amount of ingested data is the same, kind of data is the same, no new log source etc.

I search through documentation, but did not find anything relevant. So I would like to ask: what happens? Can it be ignored safely or there is really something wrong inside Splunk? Some config changes required because of some internal changes in Splunk? Could you share your experience with that, if you have one? Thank you in advance for any hint or glue.

Best regards

Lukas Mecir

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...