Splunk Enterprise

Why am I unable to login to Splunk Answers?

Roy_9
Motivator

Hello,

I am unable to login to splunk answers account since past 3 weeks where it has taken my credentials this time.:) when i gave my username and password, it will send a password reset link which i never received.I spoke to customer support and they have updated the email id in the backend to receive the reset link but no luck.anybody ever faced this sort of issue?if yes what are the steps that you have taken to mitigate this issue?

I am not sure whether it logs me back in again. 😞

Thanks

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Roy_9
Motivator

Posting it here so that it might help anyone.

Called splunk customer support and asked them to update the email id of splunk answers back end.

Make sure your splunk answers account is tied to either your company entitlement or personal account, in my case it was tied to my previous company email that caused the issue.

Don’t expect to receive the reset emails once it is updated at back end as it took 1 week exactly after the case i opened to let me login.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Roy_9
Motivator

Posting it here so that it might help anyone.

Called splunk customer support and asked them to update the email id of splunk answers back end.

Make sure your splunk answers account is tied to either your company entitlement or personal account, in my case it was tied to my previous company email that caused the issue.

Don’t expect to receive the reset emails once it is updated at back end as it took 1 week exactly after the case i opened to let me login.

Thanks

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I had (possibly have) issues receiving emails from noreply@splunk.com. Although, interestingly, messages from no-reply@splunk.com as used by the Community notifications come through fine. I raised a case with my corporate email team and they have apparently fixed it (although I haven't been able to confirm this yet). If your email is a corporate email, or perhaps even some other providers, you may find the email is being blocked / bounced before it reaches you. Another possibility is that it has been filtered by your spam protection if the name used does not match the address for example.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...