Splunk Enterprise

Why am I getting "Unspecified upload error. Refresh and try again." trying to upload a log file in Splunk Light?

traymo

I'm using Splunk Light. First run at uploading a simple and small text ".log" file on Linux RHEL/6 OS, but I am unable to upload this file for SPLUNK evaluation.

Effort to upload a file manually through file upload online page file manager (SPLUNK upload page). Burrowed down to /var/logs/.log
Was able to see preview of logfile in SPLUNK.
Stepped through all default steps.
Submit step returned this error "Unspecified upload error. Refresh and try again."
Refresh does not repair the error. This is reproducible at every attempt.

Time delta between gui menu and action a few seconds.
Reviewed relevant (?) question/answer posts without a successful resolution.

Do not know how best to troubleshoot this error.

Please advise how best to resolve this snafu?

thanks .

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

dkoshe_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Were you able to resolve your issue and search log data in Splunk Light?
Have you gone through the add-data product tour? You can find the product tours menu under help section (in top right).

View solution in original post

0 Karma

dkoshe_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Were you able to resolve your issue and search log data in Splunk Light?
Have you gone through the add-data product tour? You can find the product tours menu under help section (in top right).

0 Karma

traymo

dkoshe-

FIrst, please let me apologize for the time delay to my response to your email.
Second, let me thank you for your support effort.

Answer is, I have managed to resolve the original issue.
Thank you again.

sincerely,
T

0 Karma

traymo

On premises. NON Cloud.

Thank you for your reply. I managed to resolve that particular issue. I HOPE I resolved it cleanly.
Now an additional issue has occurred that I will try and trouble shoot today. I was able to upload data text file (log file data).
I was unable, it seems to complte the "indexing". There was such a long delay, I believe a Segfault occurred (log data). Will try again today. Im no expert at linux, certainly not with SPLUNK.

thanks again.

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Are you using Splunk Light Cloud, or an on-premises installation?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...