Splunk Enterprise

Whitelist network traffic

wbolten
Path Finder

Hi, 

I am using the UF to collect data from the system. Using the following stanza I seem to receive all the information in regards to the bytes sent and received. That is too much information for me. I am interested in traffic generated by a specific process, or processes.

To be able to do this I have currently the following stanza live but it seems to be still sending everything. Not using the whitelist option. I also don't  see the option in the documentation so that would not surprise me. 

[perfmon://Network Adapter WebEx]
counters = Bytes Received/sec;Bytes Sent/sec
instances = *
whitelist = *.webex.com
interval = 60
mode = single
object = Network Interface
index = xxxyyyzzz
useEnglishOnly = true
sourcetype = xxxyyyzzz:Network Adapter
disabled = 0

What would be the best way, if even possible, to only catch and the network traffic for a specific process or processes? 

Besides traffic I am also interested in other metrics such as errors, dropped packets etc. Maybe I am going about this the wrong way. Any help would be appreciated. 

Tags (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...